1) It makes it easier to CONNECT with more people.
2) It makes it easier to TELL YOUR STORY and LISTEN to the stories of
others, i.e. it promotes COMMUNICATION.
3) It enables a DIVERSITY of views to be shared.
4) It enables you to LEARN about things happening all over the world.
4) It enables you to SUPPORT causes, issues and people you care
5) It's enables CREATIVITY. For example, you can use it to"mashup" audio and video and text.
6) It's PORTABLE. You can take it with you wherever you go.
7) It's BEAUTIFUL. It comes in different shapes, colors and sizes.
8) It's getting CHEAPER!
9) It's UBIQUITOUS (I know, I know, this can be a downside too!)
10) It can be FUN to use!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I LOVE Valentine's Day. It's a great time to reflect on and show gratitude for all of the wonderful things that life has to offer. I use this time of year to buy flowers, send love notes to family and friends, and generally spread good cheer.
Call me cheesy, but this year, I also decided to make a list of the things I LOVE about technology. See below. Many thanks also to Terry Roberts, Chief Operating Officer of NPower Greater DC Region, for contributing to this TechLOVE list.
Top 10 Reasons Why I LOVE Technology