- Interested in learning more about how other nonprofits are using social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace and Ning?
- Want to know how much money and time charitable orgs are spending in cyberspace?
- Interested in learning how nonprofits are organized internally to manage social media?
You have to register to get the FREE download but here are the highlights.
- 74% of nonprofits have a presence on Facebook with an average of 5,391 members.
- 26% of nonprofits have a presence on MySpace with an average of 1,905 members.
- 81% of nonprofits have at least 1/4 FTE staff member dedicated to maintaining their social networking site(s).
- Social networking is NOT about raising money (at least yet). Instead, according to the survey, # of members and amount of user-generated content are better metrics for success.