The Case Foundation has put together a great lineup of free tutorials on all things social media for nonprofits. The program, called Gear Up for Giving, starts Thursday, Sept. 10th. See the video above for an overview of the program.
- Katya Andresen and Stacie Mann of Network for Good
- Beth Kanter, visiting scholar for the Packard Foundation
- Holly Ross of Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN)
- Marnie Webb of TechSoup
- Allison Fine, author of Momentum: Igniting Social Change in the Connected Age
- Geoff Livingston, founder and blogger at The Buzz Bin
- Sarah Coch of Causes on Facebook
Gear Up for Giving is the precursor to the second America's Giving Challenge and aims to get nonprofits ready for entry into this fall's online fundraising contest. (You may remember that the Case Foundation ran a similar contest in Dec. 2007. ) Interested in learning more about the inaugural America's Giving Challenge? Read the Assessment and Reflection Report by Beth Kanter and Allison Fine.
FYI, you don't have to enter the Giving Challenge to attend the tutorials so be sure to check them out. Finally, in addition to the tutorials, Gear Up for Giving has archived some of the best social media resources on their site, including the fantastic videos by Common Craft which explain Twitter, Blogging and other social media tools "in plain English."
Good luck and happy learning!