Network for Good have created a new guide to help you glide through year-end fundraising called 25 Steps to Fall & Holiday Fundraising Success. You can download your FREE copy by signing up here.My friends at
I particularly like their suggestions in Step 10 for building your online list. However, I would add another tactic - email append.
An email append is the process of using a 3rd-party vendor (like my company) to add email addresses to your offline donor or member list. Here's how it works.
1. You send us your donor file.
2. We match your postal file against our database.
3. When we find a match, we add the email address to your file.
4. We send your branded email from our servers and invite your constituents to engage with you online.
5. We flag the folks who opt-out.
6. We send the enhanced file back to you.
The entire process takes 2 - 3 weeks.
While email addresses gathered organically usually perform better than appended email addresses, the low cost of email appending is a great way to jumpstart your list. And email is one of THE most cost-effective way to stay in touch with your donors all year long.
Want more information? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org