The Case Foundation, Causes and Parade launched America's Giving Challenge today!
This is a great contest especially for small nonprofits and I urge you to participate.
How it works:
1. Enter a cause or start a new cause.
2. Reach out to your friends, family members and colleagues.
3. Encourage them to donate. (Don't forget to make your own donation first!)
What you get:
The cause that receives the most unique daily donations in 30 days (October 7 - November 6) will win $50,000. The 2nd runner-up will receive $25,000. And $10,000 will be given to the charities that place 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.
In addition, daily awards of $1,000 will be given to the cause that receives the most unique donations each day of the Challenge.
Here is what I LOVE about America's Giving Challenge.
- Any person or organization can participate.
- It levels the playing field for smaller charities because awards are based on donation volume vs. money raised.
- It's really easy to see where you stand at any minute. Check out their cool leader board.
- It's a great way for you to dip your toe into social networking and peer-to-peer fundraising to see if it works for you.
- Matt Damon is their national spokesperson. :)