Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and not just because of the food.
What a great idea to dedicate one day of the year to giving thanks for life's many blessings.
I don't know about you, but I have SO much to be thankful for. Here is a short list. I hope it inspires you to write your own.
1) I am thankful for you dear readers. Thank you for reading my blog (for four years!) and encouraging me to keep writing even when I fear there is nothing left to say. I feel so privileged to have this small space in the Universe to express my feelings and share my thoughts.
2) I am thankful for the crazy nonprofit capacity building community. Thanks especially to luminaries like Katya Andresen (Nonprofit Marketing Blog), Holly Ross (NTEN), Beth Kanter (Beth's Blog), Allyson Kapin (Frogloop), Kivi Leroux Miller (The Nonprofit Marketing Guide), Alia McKee & Mark Rovner (SeaChange Strategies), and Allison Fine, who work tirelessly and passionately to help nonprofits build a better world. I'm SO honored to be part of the crew.
3) I am thankful for my mentors, Clint O'Brien and Bob Gilbertson, who taught me what it is to be a good leader (and follower) and continue to inspire me with their leadership every day.
4) I am thankful for Fundraising Success, especially Margaret Battistelli Gardner, Editor in Chief, who gave me a chance to write for a magazine! Thanks also to Katya Andresen for sharing her column with me.
5) I am thankful for my husband Dan Moore. You are the world's greatest coach and have a beautiful heart and mind. Thank you for indulging my never-ending (often boring!) monologues regarding how to improve the practice of nonprofit leadership, marketing and fundraising.
6) I am thankful for a special nine year old girl, who asks the most remarkable questions. You remind me to stay focused on the important things in life like pillow fights, eating pie and singing really loud!